Illinois Rakes in $3.2 Million in Recreational Marijuana Revenue on First Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois Rakes in $3.2 Million in Recreational Marijuana Revenue on First Day

The State of Illinois has legalized recreational marijuana. On the very first day, they make 3.2 million dollars. People see this as a good thing, as it means great for business. Illinois also has a bill that will pardon low-level weed convictions
    Long lines of customers assembled in Illinois on Jan. 1 to make the first legal recreational marijuana purchases in the state.

I gotta say I expected waaaaay more. Still not bad though, but just keeping in perspective Bill Gates makes like $50K an hour every day on average or something like that, not in sales but income/gain in net worth.

Comment

Originally posted by BertBlaze View Post
      I gotta say I expected waaaaay more. Still not bad though, but just keeping in perspective Bill Gates makes like $50K an hour every day on average or something like that, not in sales but income/gain in net worth.
      While that is true, Colorado made 1 million on the first day of legalization (as said in the article). It's actually gotten better. That is actually more than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by melohello View Post

While that is true, Colorado made 1 million on the first day of legalization (as said in the article). It's actually gotten better. That is actually more than I expected.
        Ya thats way better than CO, maybe people just dont smoke as much I expect everyone be spending $500 a mo and up on crap =)

Comment

Originally posted by BertBlaze View Post

Ya thats way better than CO, maybe people just dont smoke as much I expect everyone be spending $500 a mo and up on crap =)
          I wonder what it will be like for states with more population, say New York or Florida. Is it the will of the people or the population that matters?

Comment

I wonder what it will be like for states with more population, say New York or Florida. Is it the will of the people or the population that matters?
            I think it is a little of both. A larger population creates a larger economy though, and so I think that the larger states will have way more money used for marijuana.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch View Post

I think it is a little of both. A larger population creates a larger economy though, and so I think that the larger states will have way more money used for marijuana.
              If that's the case, then I expect New York to blow up in sales once they legalize it

Comment

If that's the case, then I expect New York to blow up in sales once they legalize it
                I think it will especially since New York is a tourist state so people flying in to New York will buy some to smoke.

Comment

I think it will especially since New York is a tourist state so people flying in to New York will buy some to smoke.
                  Oh I think you're right. Many people live in the New England states so not only will the people of New York will be contributing, but also Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, etc

Comment

Oh I think you're right. Many people live in the New England states so not only will the people of New York will be contributing, but also Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, etc
                    Yeah, because then, the people of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, etc. will drive to New York, and buy some pot, further increasing the economy of marijuana.

Comment

Yeah, because then, the people of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, etc. will drive to New York, and buy some pot, further increasing the economy of marijuana.
                      Do you think people from abroad might travel to New York to do marijuana too? New York is a tourist heavy state as you said

Comment

Do you think people from abroad might travel to New York to do marijuana too? New York is a tourist heavy state as you said
                        Most likely, possibly not just to do marijuana, but I believe that if people from over seas are in New York, they may try marijuana. What do you think?

Comment

Most likely, possibly not just to do marijuana, but I believe that if people from over seas are in New York, they may try marijuana. What do you think?
                          I expect tourists from Europe to do so. From Asia? Not so much. Some Asian countries actually have it illegal to do activities abroad. For example, in Korea, marijuana is illegal. If you are found doing marijuana in, say, the USA or Canada, you will be sent to jail.

Comment

If it is punishable by jail even if over seas, then yeah, I don't think they would try it, or they may try it very private, however, if it is not punishable I believe they will be trying it to see if they like it.

Comment

If it is punishable by jail even if over seas, then yeah, I don't think they would try it, or they may try it very private, however, if it is not punishable I believe they will be trying it to see if they like it.
                              There have actually been some Korean celebrities found to do marijuana and got jailed for it when they were in Canada. Even privacy may not help for some of them

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Working...
                              X