Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forecast: The next US states to legalize?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forecast: The next US states to legalize?

I think we could get an informal game going to predict the next states to legalize for recreational. Not that they’re a prime source or anything, but FWIW, Motley Fool has its money on nine states:
    • Arizona
    • Arkansas
    • Florida
    • Idaho
    • Mississippi
    • Nebraska
    • New Jersey
    • North Dakota
    • South Dakota

How about anybody else? Where does the fickle finger of legislature point next?

I think Virginia might be the next one to legalize soon. They've been pretty progressive. I'm not so sure about Mississippi though. Isn't that the deepest of the deep South?

Comment

Arizona is surrounded by rec states so I would think they will end up doing it. If you are close enough to Laughlin there's rec across the river.

Hoping Florida gets in there on rec too, one of the best places to visit

Comment

I really think Arizona is going to have pot legalized. Especially because of how many states are legal around it, just makes sense to me to legalize it there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch View Post
          I really think Arizona is going to have pot legalized. Especially because of how many states are legal around it, just makes sense to me to legalize it there too.
          Do you think states near the border of Mexico are extremely more likely to legalize?

Comment

Originally posted by melohello View Post

Do you think states near the border of Mexico are extremely more likely to legalize?
            Possibly, especially if Mexican states that are closest to the American border legalized, it would make sense for the states that are close to those legalized Mexican states to follow.

Comment

Possibly, especially if Mexican states that are closest to the American border legalized, it would make sense for the states that are close to those legalized Mexican states to follow.
              What about the Mexican states that are closer to Central America? Will they be one of the last?

Comment

Originally posted by melohello View Post

What about the Mexican states that are closer to Central America? Will they be one of the last?
                If my prediction is true that the Mexican states closest to the United States are legalized first, then I believe that the states closest to Central America will be legalized last, or maybe near the same time as some of the other (not close to United States) Mexican states to get legalized.

Comment

If my prediction is true that the Mexican states closest to the United States are legalized first, then I believe that the states closest to Central America will be legalized last, or maybe near the same time as some of the other (not close to United States) Mexican states to get legalized.
                  Which USA states have a lot of Mexican culture? If these states legalize marijuana, then I believe Mexico will be more quick to do so too

Comment

moving this one over to the legalization forum we just made

Comment

would be nice for NY to get off it's ass

Comment

I have one theory about legalizing marijuana in the USA, I think if more than half of USA countries legalize marijuana, all will

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                        Working...
                        X